[AccessD] Active Directory Field List

Lonnie Johnson prodevmg at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 15:23:20 CST 2006

Thanks Drew. That is not what I wanted to hear but definately what I needed to hear.

DWUTKA at marlow.com wrote:  You can't get the passwords of a user account from Active Directory, at
least not this way. You have to 'crack' them. Passwords are not stored in
an unencrypted format. When a user changes their password, NT creates a
'hash' that is an encrypted string of text which can only be recreated with
their account, password and domain.

There are utilities out there to crack NT account passwords, the most common
would be L0phtCrack (spelled with a zero after the L)

Drew