[AccessD] Active Directory Field List

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Tue Mar 21 16:13:37 CST 2006

On 21 Mar 2006 at 14:35, DWUTKA at marlow.com wrote:

> There are utilities out there to crack NT account passwords, the most common
> would be L0phtCrack (spelled with a zero after the L)

Two problems with that for me:

1. I couldn't buy it previously 'cos I don't live in US/Canada.

2. Symantec have pulled it anyway.

<quote>
Symantec has quietly pulled the plug on sales of L0phtCrack, the venerable
password auditing and recovery application.

The decision to discontinue support for L0phtCrack, also known as LC5,
comes just months after Symantec stopped selling the application to
customers outside the United States and Canada out of concerns that it
violated cryptography export controls.

The Cupertino, Calif.-based security vendor could not be reached for
comment on the decision, but a note sent to existing L0phtCraft users said
the product did not fit into Symantec's plans for the future.

The ship date of L0phtCraft was Mar. 3, 2006 and Symantec will offer
customer help until Dec. 16, 2006. The company will not be shipping any
product code updates, enhancements or fixes to L0phtCraft after March 3.
</quote>

--
Stuart