[AccessD] Interfaces -- WAS Access XP forms bound to ADOrecordsets

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Tue Mar 28 16:33:15 CST 2006

Ken,

I'd note all that below are "old school" definitions (beginning of 90ies) -
and we all very well know what they gave us - COM and VB6/VBA, good but too
inflexible to be true in this quickly changing world. This programming
world is getting dynamic and late bound interfaces/run-time binding are in
the same or even bigger favor now than compile time bound interfaces and
implementation inheritance. Test driven development means that you tested
all the interfaces by running unit tests - and therefore it doesn't matter
does your compiler checks interfaces definitions syntax or not (yes, it's
useful but not more than that). Ruby is the next challenge to MS C# and
VB.NET...

Shamil