[AccessD] To re-link or not to re-link...

Tom Keatley tom.p at piedpiper.com.au
Mon May 15 21:37:14 CDT 2006

Just to have my 2 cents.....

I have been running a FE BE relationship with around 10 users for some years
now and do not re-link at all.
Access is looking for a shared drive at DRIVE X on every machine.
Our operating systems are XP and win2000 and occasionally win2000 fails to
reconnect the network which of course results in an error when opening
Access. It happens so infrequently as to be not worth bothering with.

Usually clicking on drive x will refresh the connection and everything is
fine.

When I used to re-link every table it used to take AGES to open Access.

I would suggest not doing it at all....if the network connection is working
Access will as well

Regards

Tom Keatley