[AccessD] Odd XP machine

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Wed May 17 17:24:41 CDT 2006

On 17 May 2006 at 13:50, Francisco Tapia wrote:

> I have an application that is used accross the company here.  It was
> written in Access2000 as an ADP.  This app works on all windows
> 2000/XP machines running SP4 and SP2 (respectively).  I do have a
> newer XP machine that was just issued to a user and her system just
> closes out for no reason after just some usage.

Great technical term, very detailed description of the symptoms - just what
we love to hear from users when trying to diagnose problems.

What does "system just closes out" mean?

Application closes itself?
Application fails with an error message?
Application disappears with no warning and without cleaning itself up?
Application disappears but task manager shows it is still running?
OS locks up?
BSOD?
Computer reboots spontaneously?
 or something else entirely?