[AccessD] Designing Reports Bogs Down

Beach Access Software bchacc at san.rr.com
Mon Nov 27 17:08:24 CST 2006

Dear List:

My Access changed behavior today.  When I go onto design mode on a report
(not of forms, though), and designing I do runs as slow as a stuck pig.

So I popped up the task manager and it turns out that every time I move or
copy a control the program spoolsv.exe sucks up 20-50% of the cycles for
5-10 seconds.

I tried repair, but have not tried a complete reinstall.  This does not
happen on machine number2.  Or 3.  Just this, which is (unfortunately) my
primary development box at the moment.

Anyone have a clue as to why this should start happening?

MTIA

Rocky