[AccessD] (1) Text Box Formatted as " >" and (2) function to get user name for Windows

Gale Perez galeper at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 17:10:12 CDT 2007

Hi!

It has been a while since I have developed in Access, and I'm reviewing my
old databases (I am very indebted to this group for assistance in developing
them).  I cannot remember what the ">" character in the Format property of a
text box does and hoped someone can tell me.

I also had been given a function to get the Novell User Name of a user in
order to set user permissions, etc. without having an actual login box (it
gets the Novell user name automatically and compares that to the one stored
in the table to see if the user is in the database).  It works beautifully
but now I am working in Windows, and I wondered whether a similar function
exists for Windows (XP and other versions).

Thank you!
Gale