[AccessD] Change the focus from Access to an IE window.

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Mon Apr 9 16:48:48 CDT 2007

There is an option in the advanced tab of the IE internet options
window, which says whether IE will 'reuse' open browser windows.  Not
sure how ie 7.0 works with that, I still use 6.x.

However, with that setting set to 'yes', what would happen is if you
have a browser window open, and you click a link (say in an email), IE
would grab that browser window and navigate to the link.  With the
setting to 'no', IE opens a NEW window every time you click a link.

Not sure if this helps or not, I saw a posted solution (I think) which
has you open a new IE instance, and then navigating to that... that
should work independent of the above mentioned setting.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of Lonnie
Johnson
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 8:53 AM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Change the focus from Access to an IE window.

Yes. The majority of the time it works that way in my app as well. But
we are seeing a considerable amount of times that it does not work that
way. Especially when the user has more than one IE window open already.

May God bless you beyond your imagination!
Lonnie Johnson
ProDev, Professional Development of MS Access Databases
Visit me at ==> http://www.prodev.us