[AccessD] RTF control for Access?

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Thu Apr 12 11:53:13 CDT 2007

Gustav,

<<#6 is more like a word processor feature, not a feature of a Rich Text
control.>>

  yeah, that's is going to be the rub I think.  The nursing staff is pretty
adamant about having it.  A lot of the reports they generate will include
some canned text, so the ability to insert text at a specific point is
pretty important to them.

  Right now, they are using Word to do all the reports.  It may be that I'll
need to bite the bullet and use in-place activation with Word to get what I
need.

<<#5 can be performed by at least A2007, was is not for a nasty>>

 Very nice to know; Thanks!  I need to get a2007 loaded up and check this
out.

<<I once noticed this word processor style ocx which - at a price - could be
used for your purpose:>>

  That's very encouraging; if there is one out there then there is probably
more.  The price doesn't bother me; I just want it to *work*, which is why I
was looking for some "hands on" recommendations.

  This control will be a fundamental part of the app.

Jim.