[AccessD] OT Friday: Comodo AntiSpam

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Fri Aug 10 21:40:35 CDT 2007

Good for you, John.  I will be interested to hear how it works out for you.

When I got your email asking for my self-validation, I thought it was an
idea with a lot of merit.  I still do.  But, since then, I have looked
at it a bit more closely, and see that Comodo has been around for quite
a long time.  So the fact that this is my first contact with the
concept, answers my question about whether the idea will catch on!  :-)

For myself, almost all of the emails I send are to people I know, and
most of the legitimate email I receive is from people I know.  For those
new people who are emailing me for the first time, it does not seem to
be too onerous a request to have an automated system ask them to
validate themselves before I accept their first email.

On the other hand, I can see how a lot of people would find it
irritating.  Oh well...

In the meantime, see my reply to Lambert elsewhere in this thread, about
getting Gmail to launder the mail for you.  I found this very quick and
easy to set up.  Possibly *too* effective though, I'lll have to wait and
see - even this very post from you that I'm replying to was spam-dunked
by Gmail, and I had to fish it out of the bin.

Regards
Steve

P.S.  I have been around this forum only a relatively short amount of
time, so don't know the full meaning of the term, but was nonetheless
amused by the word "colbyizing". :-)  I assume getting colbyized takes
different forms in different situations?