[AccessD] OT Friday: Comodo AntiSpam

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 11:57:07 CDT 2007

On 8/11/07, Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software
<rockysmolin at bchacc.com> wrote:
> How does CR handle the problem of people making inquiries about my products
> and service from my web site?  I don't think I'd want them to have to go
> through the CR thing.

The sender has to jump through hoops (reply to an e-mail, click a
link, enter a pass phrase/code, etc one or more of the listed steps)
to get their e-mail to you, or you have to go through the list of held
posts and manually approve it.

Be forewarned I know a LOT of people that will not, under any
circumstances, reply to a CR system. The get summarily deleted. That's
what I do.

Even if you manually approve the e-mail to get through to you, you've
already lost a lot or people.

Now granted the places I hang out on the web are with a lot more
technically savy (e-mail and mail servers) than Joe Average user.
There are some that even set up rules to automatically delete the CRs
sight unseen, so there are folks that would not even know their
e-mails haven't gotten through.

I'm not trying to make it sound like the sky is falling, but just
telling you what I have seen and experienced personally.

> BTW, I feel kind of out of the loop on this since I never get that much spam
> - maybe 5-10 a day.  Outlook seems to be real good at routing the spam to my
> junk folder.  Very rarely does a legit email show up there.  And a couple
> times a week it misses a spam and it ends up in my inbox.

Hell, I can send some to you. I've already got all the pills and
software I can handle. I am almost at my limit for pre-approved
mortgages and loans too :)

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"