[AccessD] Highlighting a record in a form

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 08:48:40 CDT 2007

How is [ID] = n counting your records though? Is it is consecutive value
that considers the form's sort order? Is it an AutoNumber? What happens if
the recordset doesn't have an ID value of 5?

Susan H.

I got it! Thanks, everyone, for your help. In the unlikely event that
someone is as DUH as I am, I'll explain it below.

Many were suggesting conditional formatting, but I could not see how to make
it apply to an entire row. It's actually very simple. With the form in
design view, select all of the appropriate fields and choose Format /
Conditional Formatting from the menubar. On the left, choose "Expression
is". On the right, type in the controlling expression, such as [ID] = 5.
Since you've selected all fields, they will all be governed by this one
expression.

Sorry for being so dense, people. I hadn't used this functionality in Access
before, so I was trying to figure it out in VBA. Let's hear it for trying to
reinvent the wheel.

Thanks, again, for your help.

Thomas F. Ewald
Stryker Mass Properties
General Dynamics Land Systems

I'd prefer to do this in datasheet view, but I can use continuous form with
the fields shown horizontally.

Is there a way to simply tell Access to highlight the 5th record? Not every
fifth record (although that would be okay, since there are only 8); just the
fifth. The data comes from a table I create via a make table query, so I can
control exactly what goes where. I need records 5 & 8 highlighted n the
form. That's all. Seems easy, but I can't seem to get it. Feel free to make
me feel even more stupid by suggesting an easy solution.

This is an e-mail from General Dynamics Land Systems. It is for the intended
recipient only and may contain confidential and privileged information.  No
one else may read, print, store, copy, forward or act in reliance on it or
its attachments.  If you are not the intended recipient, please return this
message to the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your
computer. Your cooperation is appreciated.