[AccessD] Moving from Access to web???

Mark A Matte markamatte at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 16 12:12:49 CDT 2007

Hello All,

Since we're on the topic of the web...my most recent post was related to SQL
speed...and everything so far has been built in access.

In making this service available to online...I really don't know how to do
this.  Currently VBA is doing all of the work.  Looping through recordsets
and running queries.  I use a form timer to launch it.

If I leave it in Access...does this mean the MDB is always open on the
hosting server?

If I put it in SQL Server...what does the looping through results?

I'm just confused again...lol

In a nutshell...
I run 10K queries against  4K records...and for each query I concantenate
the results...and email them out.  I can create the webpage for people to
sign up...but I need suggestions on what to use to 'do' the stuff that VBA
is currently doing behind the scenes?

Thanks Again,

Mark A. Matte