[AccessD] Moving from Access to web???

Eric Barro ebarro at verizon.net
Thu Aug 16 13:04:18 CDT 2007

Mark,

If you use SQL server you can create a stored procedure that does the bulk
of the work and schedule a job if you want it to run at certain intervals or
have a button or trigger on the web page if you want to run it on demand.

String concatenation is not one of VB's strengths and in fact it will be the
bottleneck so you might want to consider VB.NET with its StringBuilder class
to do all that hard work for that part.

When you transfer the process to a server-based app you will have to contend
with dealing with a mail server and you will experience timeouts when you
use the CDO mail components for large volumes of mail as opposed to using
Outlook automation to process the emails.

Eric