[AccessD] What problems converting A2K3 mdb to A2K7?

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at users.mns.ru
Fri Aug 31 12:35:45 CDT 2007

John,

I will try to check at the end of the next week when urgent work will
hopefully be finished here:

- I'd think that MS Access 2007 built-in MDI tabbing feature should be very
suitable for your multi-tab designs - you will have to "just" disintegrate
your multi-tab forms...

- I'd also think (and Martin can approve./disapprove) that ribbon can be
made hidden/substituted with custom "thin" ribbons a la' good old
commandbars...

- and I suppose that MS Access 2007 free runtime, which (I expect) should be
not a big issue to install on fresh PCs can help you to smoothly solve the
third part of your "puzzle" - I mean supply your customers/users with an
interface you develop for them and nothing else "extra" on top of that...

Access 2007 is what is called progress comparing with MS Access 2003, isn't
it? :)

I'd suppose MS staff spent countless (and usually well paid hours) before
they made and implemented new MS Office 2007 interface solution...

And AFAIK MS has a lot of corporate customers and they (MS stuff) do
communicate closely with these customers and they do react on their demands
- so my simple guess is that ribbon was requested by their customers first
of all because it's very useful in there everyday work...

Not arguing, just supposing/proposing that "fighting/neglecting" MS-driven
progress "bulldozer" could be an expensive endeavor... :)

--
Shamil