[AccessD] Access 2007 ULS (was: Access 2007 - Microsoft is just plain stupid.)

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Mon Dec 10 19:48:24 CST 2007

I think what MS did with User Level Security in A2007 makes sense (I'm not
saying I like it).  What it does is continue to allow the use of Access for
individual productivity, but prevented it from being used for shared secured
databases except by people who had at least enough skill to make Access work
with SQL Server.

The business problem with Access has been that too many people got into
trouble as they grew their database, and then IT departments began to hate
it because they had to take over a very flawed, department critical,
database with no budget and no time.

Dan