[AccessD] Saving Table to Registry, ini, ect?

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Fri Dec 14 10:42:19 CST 2007

Hi Jim (and Robert)

Yes, but Robert is already handling two linked databases so no further complication will follow by attaching a table of settings.
You can create the database with one line of code if you keep a master copy in the frontend, and you may not even need to link the table permanently if you use queries with the "IN" syntax for the path and database name.
Further, code for creating a temp database from scratch has been posted several times. We've used that technique for some projects and it works so fast that you can't notice it. Modify the code to not delete the database on exit and you are done.

/gustav

>>> Jim.Hale at fleetpride.com 14-12-2007 17:19 >>>

What you say is true but personally I know  I get in ruts using the same
techniques. It makes sense to occasionally question them to see if
anything out there is better even if all one accomplishes is confirming
that the best practices are already being used. Heck, I started with
macros once upon a time until the eureka moment I discovered VBA. So I
think I know where Robert is coming from.

Jim Hale