[AccessD] OT:Xmas Soldier

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 11:11:08 CST 2007

> Ps. Reading about your stepson being a Drill Sergeant made me smile and
> brought back memories of when I turned up at the barrack gates having just
> enlisted.  In the distance we could see a squad of young kids being
> drilled
> by an adult and marching in our direction.  It was only when they came
> close
> that we saw that they weren't kids but grown men and the 'adult' was
> actually a 6'8" tall drill sergeant.  Oh happy days (I think ;-/)

=======Brian is 32 and about 6 foot tall. He's not a huge guy, but he's big
enough. Bill and I met when Brian was 7 years old. He's never wanted to be
anything but a solider. He considered the Marines, but backed at at the very
last minute when Bill really grilled the recruiter hard on some "promises"
he had made earlier on. When Brian finally heard "...can't really promise
you anything in writing..." he put the pen down and joined the Air Guard.
Then, he switched to the Army Reserves.

Susan H.