[AccessD] Interesting Wilcard Action

Kaup, Chester Chester_Kaup at kindermorgan.com
Thu Feb 1 08:00:02 CST 2007

I have two tables in a query. One is a native Access table and one is a
linked SQL Server table. The Access table has a 14 character text field.
The SQL Server table with a 10 character text field. I verified all
character positions are filled using a Len statement. When I join these
two tables on these fields no matching records are found as expected. If
I put a criteria using a wildcard (Like "PAT*") on another field in the
Access table suddenly the two joined fields are equal. However if I use
a wildcard criteria using the % sign (Like "PAT%") no matching records
are found. Interesting!

Chester Kaup

Engineering Technician

Kinder Morgan CO2 Company, LLP

Office (432) 688-3797

FAX (432) 688-3799

No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large