[AccessD] Log class

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 7 14:20:27 CST 2007

Hi Martin:

<comment>
I think that would be a great idea but John has, in the past, been trying to
sell and has allowed downloads of specific modules of related code. I am not
sure how well he has done with this but suspect not as well as he should
have.

It seems to take more marketing than designing to sell a product.

I was on a short term contract with a company that had a type of frame-work
built on top of an Access database. The companies' staff deployment was as
follows:

1   x Network support
3   x Frame Assemblers and help desk guys
2   x Framework designer, or real programmers

5   x Program managers
12  x Sales and advertising staff
... and the usual account clerks, front desk persons and managers. (5 more)

>From this company, which was actually listed on the Toronto stock exchange,
only 5% of the staff did programming. 95% of the people were support,
management and on sales.

I can not say whether this is fairly typical company layout but they have
survived for over 15 years in the computer industry.

To make a short story long, I think John's product is excellent and if he
spent most of his time marketing, sales would have reflected that.
</comment>

Jim

PS I hope you do not mind me commenting on you in third person.