[AccessD] OpenForm parameters

Steve Schapel miscellany at mvps.org
Fri Jul 6 03:50:22 CDT 2007

In the recent discussion here in the thread "Performance tips anyone?",
it was suggested that explicitly entering the arguments in an OpenForm
call will improve the performance of the form opening.

Just for fun, I have done an admittedly crude test, on the basis of
which unfortunately this idea was not supported.

I had some code to open and close a bound form 1000 times, and record
the time in seconds.  3 trials.

The results when the form was opened like this:
	DoCmd.OpenForm "MyForm"
... were:
	19
	23
	23

The results when the form was opened like this:
	DoCmd.OpenForm "MyForm", acNormal, , , acFormEdit, acWindowNormal
... were:
	24
	20
	25

So, if these results are an indication, in fact the reverse may be true.
  Which would make sense, when you think about it, that pre-compiled
default values may be a bit quicker than having to evaluate code at runtime.

Oh well...

Regards
Steve