[AccessD] Disable left-shift

Helmut Kotsch hkotsch at arcor.de
Fri Jul 6 05:44:55 CDT 2007

Function faq_DisableShiftKeyBypass() As Boolean
      'The next time the database is opened
      ' after this function has been run,
      ' the autoexec macro will not be bypassed,
      ' even if the shift key is pressed.
      On Error GoTo errDisableShift
      Dim db As Database
      Dim prop As Property
      Const conPropNotFound = 3270
      Set db = CurrentDb()
      db.Properties("AllowByPassKey") = False
      faq_DisableShiftKeyBypass = True
exitDisableShift:
      Exit Function
errDisableShift:
      'The AllowBypassKey property is a user-defined
      ' property of the database that must be created
      ' before it can be set. This error code will execute
      ' the first time this function is run in a database.
      If Err = conPropNotFound Then
      Set prop = db.CreateProperty("AllowByPassKey", _
      dbBoolean, False)
         db.Properties.Append prop
         Resume Next
      Else
         MsgBox "Function DisableShiftKeyBypass did" & _
                        " not complete successfully."
         faq_DisableShiftKeyBypass = False
         GoTo exitDisableShift
      End If