[AccessD] Let me try this another way - please help me understand this?

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 20:50:02 CDT 2007

A Many-to-Many is easily resolved, Kath.

Given tables A and B with PKs APK and BPK then

Create table A2B having (now here comes the controversy (enter JWC LOL))
either an autoNumber or alternatively a compound PK consisting of APK+BPK
(both of which columns must be present and not null). In either setup,
you're good to go. In the case of MySQL I would go with the compound PK on
the associative table, rather than the autonum, but that's strictly because
of the behaviour of MySQL rather than a recommendation that can be
generalized to all implementations of SQL.

A.