[AccessD] Developing European Applications

MartyConnelly martyconnelly at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 20 10:56:28 CDT 2007

Don't forget about European date order and the date and time separator
symbols
can vary from country to country. Also you may have to download the MS
Euro font
symbol to your development site. German for example increases caption
and label
sizes by about 30%. You may run out of screen real estate.

Here is a book on the topic, out of print but amazingly used copies
are selling for double the original retail price.

Internationalization with Visual Basic By Michael S. Kaplan
650 pages, w/CDROM
ISBN: 0672319772

Site for used copies and Table of Contents and sample chapters.

http://www.i18nwithvb.com/

Kaplan did a lot of work on Access,  wrote the wizards for 97
then went independent, now he is back as project  lead  on
 MS Internationalization effort.
 Here is his MS blog

http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/default.aspx

--