[AccessD] python - getting started

Bruce Bruen bbruen at unwired.com.au
Sat May 5 07:05:56 CDT 2007

hi all,
someone mentioned python a few minutes ago, ?arthur?

whoever it was, have they got a link for a decent howto or getting started?

I'm looking to port an A2K3 to (ahem) a more "significant" platform.  The data
has already been ported to postgresql and after some hysteria is now ANSI
compliant.  The FE exists in access and has been partially ported to C#, but
I'm not really happy with the C# implementation.  The data abstraction is a
PITA (waiting hopefully on Charlottes tutorial), the performance is somewhat
slack from a perception basis (i.e. perceptively slower than access-postgres
and bordering on infuriatingly slower than access FE/BE architecture) and the
IDE's are all a royal PITA (VB5, eclipse and #develop), as mentioned
elsewhere they all want to / support direct data binding.

I have read some (i.e. 1-2%) of the available info on python and it looks
pretty rich, but is there something between HelloWorld and pyQt?

--
regards

Bruce