[AccessD] VB.Net - seeing the messagebox

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon May 14 13:53:37 CDT 2007

Mark,

Unfortunately of the Oss you mentioned only Windows 2000 even qualifies as a
stable OS.  Windows XP was supposedly built on the Windows 2000 platform and
is very stable, at least vs the other mentioned OSs.  Windows 2003 has IMO
been even more stable than Windows XP Pro which I used exclusively for
several years.

The only issue I have run into using Windows 2003 as opposed to XP is driver
issues.  For example my Brother Fax 2820 does not have drivers for Windows
2003 and refuses to install the XP drivers.  My experience has been that XP
drivers will work IF you can coerce the install package to install them.  If
the installer does not do an OS check sees 2003 as XP, the drivers have
always worked.

I truly like 2003 and thank those in this and the SQL Server group that
smacked me around until I installed it on my servers.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting