[AccessD] OT: Virtual PC 2007

Bryan Carbonnell carbonnb at gmail.com
Sat May 19 08:03:38 CDT 2007

On 5/19/07, Shamil Salakhetdinov <shamil at users.mns.ru> wrote:

> Did anybody try VMWare? After MS went free with Virtual PC VMWare did also
> release some free products - and what these products allow to do look very
> powerful and useful:

Yep. I use VMWare.

I started with VMWare Workstation to create a server that is identical
to DBAs server so that I could test things out there before working on
the real server.

Its a wonderful tool.

Ever since VMWare player came out, I've been running the VM in player
and not the full blown workstation, and it works incredibly well.

I have tried MS Virtual PC and don't like it as much. It much more of
a resource hog than VMWare, IME.

Bryan Carbonnell - carbonnb at gmail.com
shouting "What a great ride!"