[AccessD] OT: Virtual PC 2007

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sat May 19 12:13:56 CDT 2007

Well I just ran into my first gotcha.  Both virtual machine managers (VPC
and VMX) use virtual video cards, neither of which emulate 3d.  My 6 year
old son Robbie and I are both huge fans of MorrowWind (yes, he plays by
himself) and it requires 3d hardware.  And of course it took me awhile to
discover the issue as the game gave no meaningful error message when it
aborted while opening.

Sigh.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting