[AccessD] OT: Virtual PC 2007

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat May 19 16:29:56 CDT 2007

Hi Shamil
 -
Certainly. We find VMware far superior to Virtual PC.
It is not Windows biased as it runs on Linux too and will run close to all OS'es too.
Even the free VMware server is clearly a member of a very competent product family - no short cuts.
Also, some excellent tools are available like the amazing P2V which migrates a physical machine to a virtual.

These virtual machines have changed so much. We now can have a machine with, say, a standard preconfigured Windows 2003 server up an running in minutes.

/gustav

>>> shamil at users.mns.ru 19-05-07 12:26 >>>
Hi All,

Did anybody try VMWare? After MS went free with Virtual PC VMWare did also
release some free products - and what these products allow to do look very
powerful and useful:

http://www.vmware.com/products/player/
http://www.vmware.com/products/server/

with a lot of preconfigured free systems one can use:

http://www.vmware.com/vmtn/appliances/

I didn't try them yet but I plan to...

--
Shamil