[AccessD] OT: Virtual PC 2007

Lembit Soobik lembit.dbamail at t-online.de
Tue May 22 10:23:50 CDT 2007

thanks, Francisco and John,
I have installed VM Player and Converter and converted my main PC and run
it. works just fine.
Now I have to find a good way where to store and how to acces the data for
the various programs,
so that I can run the main PC on a different box without fumblilng around
with all the data access.

I could put all the data on the NAS, but then I would have to turn the NAS
on each time I turn the PC on,
which is not a real problem, but if I want to extend this method to all my
PCs (i.e., having a VM of each PC located somewhere for safety backup, all
the PCs need to use only the NAS for data. Might have to build some hardware
solution to turn on the NAS from a remote room.)
Alternatively, keep backup of all data on the NAS and relink when I run from
the VM.

Lembit