[AccessD] Troubleshooting Opinions

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 27 23:10:32 CST 2007

Hi Larry:

Maybe you could check the database. I have had problems with databases that
got stopped a few times when the server was abruptly shutdown through
carelessness or maybe even a power outage.

If the site has been running successfully for a number of years and none of
the above are obviously the cause, my first thought would be that some
updating on the network is not compatible with the old DB.

Access97 is not totally happy in a network environment where stations are
running an OS later than Windown2000. XP home edition is very unreliable on
a network, from my experience and I would never recommend that version for a
business... that is what XP Pro is for.

HTH

Jim