[AccessD] Use Regex - Create Camel Case

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Thu Sep 27 13:33:54 CDT 2007

Folks,

I am looking for a regex expression (preferably with explanation) for taking
an expression and creating a camel case (or PascalCase) expression.

I get CSV files with headers in them.  All too often the eejits that created
the databases they came from used embedded spaces or other special use
characters (!@#$%^&* etc) in their field names.  I need to strip these
special characters out completely.  I also need to upper case the valid
alpha character that follows any of these special characters.

John colby becomes JohnColby
%idiotic_Field*name becomes IdioticFieldName

Etc.

It appears that Regex is the key (I am doing this in VB.Net) but until today
I have never really tried to use RegEx and it ain't pretty!

Any help in this would be much appreciated.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting