[AccessD] Reading an .ldb File

Dan Waters dwaters at usinternet.com
Wed Apr 9 13:47:36 CDT 2008

Just for FYI:

This morning I was working with a customer where someone had opened a
database which we needed to close, but we didn't have way of finding out who
had opened it.  Out of frustration, I made a copy of the .ldb file, changed
the .ldb to .txt, and opened the file.  Lo and Behold - the user names and
computer names of the logged in users were displayed.

Interestingly, it appears that the first person who logs in has their user
displayed as Admin, not their actual user name.  But because the computer
name was correct, we were able to figure out who it was and get him to close
his instance of Access.

The computer names and user names are all in the first row of text, so you
may want to hit the Enter key a few times for better readability.

Perhaps this would be useful...!
Dan