[AccessD] FW: Access 2007 (and other rants)

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Fri Apr 25 09:24:05 CDT 2008

That is dependant upon how you design your application.  All browsers
can easily deal with standard HTML.  Tables, forms, standard form
controls, all work fine across the existing platforms.  It's when you
try using custom or advanced features that browser compatibility becomes
an issue.

Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com
[mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of William
Hindman
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:28 PM
To: Access Developers discussion and problem solving
Subject: Re: [AccessD] FW: Access 2007 (and other rants)

...depends on your target audience ...if you control the environment and
use
only IE7 (as in an intranet) then the development time with VS8 and a
good
control library is not so significantly different as to be a deterrent
...but if it's a web app that must be cross-browser compatible then it
quickly becomes a different story ...just servicing IE6 alone becomes a
significant time eater ...throw in FF, Opera, and Safari and you're in a

different time warp ...imnshe.

William