[AccessD] Addresses in Reports - Winter, Summer, etc.

Tina Norris Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Mon Dec 8 14:02:54 CST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to craft a report that lists the addresses of members of an
organization.  Some people have year-round addresses; some people have
summer and winter addresses.  The list is supposed to be something like
this:  (this whole message is set up in fixed width font to make the
addresses all line up on tabs)

John Anderson   123 Main St            (231) 555-2323
                MyTown, MI 49676       janderson at someisp.net
    Winter      465 Wisteria Ln        (416) 555-1776
                OtherTown, OH  48332   Zone: A - Clearwater Twp

Of course many members will not have a winter address, so I want to
display that portion only if the condition is met that the address
season is "WIN"
Some addresses will have only street addresses, some will have only PO
Box addresses, some will have both - so there's an Addr1 field and an
Addr2 field.  The CanShrink property will take care of getting rid of
the blank lines if either Addr1 or Addr2 is empty.  I had thought I
would like to put the full address into an Iif expression, concatenating
everything together with carriage returns and line feeds where
appropriate, but that is not working - if I put in VbCrLf in my
expression, Access treats is as a parameter and asks for the value.  Darn!

It would be really helpful to me if anyone can direct me to examples of
this sort of report.

TIA

TNF