[AccessD] Scanning from Access to a file

ASkolits askolits at nni.com
Thu Dec 11 17:36:28 CST 2008

Well, that's even more expensive than the other one!

I did find that you can download the MS Image Acquisition Automation Library
v2.0 at

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a332a77a-01b8-4de6-
91c2-b7ea32537e29&DisplayLang=en

After registering the control and adding it to the library references, the
code is as simple as:

Dim commondialog1 As Object
Dim img As ImageFile
Set commondialog1 = CreateObject("wia.commondialog")
Set img = commondialog1.ShowAcquireImage
img.SaveFile ("c:\test.jpg")

Very simple and AFAIK, free.

I found this info info at:
http://www.utteraccess.com/forums/printthread.php?Cat=&Board=89&main=1181426