[AccessD] Alter table

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Feb 26 10:58:18 CST 2008

Is it possible to use the "IN databasename" syntax in an ALTER TABLE SQL
statement in Access?

I have written code to dynamically alter a table (add a field of a given
type) in an Access database table.  I wanted to do that so that I could have
my code "slip in" new fields in the brief periods that a table is not in
use, rather than have to wait until the evening to get the table into the
table.  It seems to work if executed directly in the BE itself but I get a
SQL syntax error if I try to use the "IN DatabaseName" stuff from another
FE.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting