[AccessD] VBA code to acquire system stats

John Bartow john at winhaven.net
Tue Jan 15 11:13:07 CST 2008

It was an attachment so I couldn't post it here. I just pulled it all out of
humongous library and sent it off. There's a lot of extra weight in it that
isn't needed but that be cleaned up too. My Library is all categorized
modules containing a group of somewhat related procedures. When I pull code
from other people that replicates what something in my library already does
it gets cleaned up and any similarities are replaced with what is already
there.

For example:

Public Declare Function ac_GetComputerName Lib "kernel32" Alias
"GetComputerNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long
Public Declare Function sys_GetComputerName Lib "kernel32" Alias
"GetComputerNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long
Public Declare Function TSB_API_GetComputerName Lib "kernel32" Alias
"GetComputerNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long
Public Declare Function My_apiGetComputerName Lib "kernel32" Alias
"GetComputerNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long

Every body and their uncle has api calls and names them different (ADH, FMS,
MVP sites, DBA). For the most part my library just replaces them all with my
common apiFunctionName format.

All get changed to:
Public Declare Function apiGetComputerName Lib "kernel32" Alias
"GetComputerNameA" (ByVal lpBuffer As String, nSize As Long) As Long

So now Bob's your uncle! It does take some time and its not completely that
way (yet - I never give up) but pretty close. Makes remembering things much
easier.

Classes would be cool but I did this about 7-8 years ago so it isn't in
classes just modules and procedures. It was a fun little thing I did which
pulled together a lot of other people's code and combined it into my "About"
form that I use in my apps.

Its coming at you now. Anymore me toos can be sent off list to me at:
john at winhaven.net