[AccessD] VBA code to acquire system stats

Drew Wutka DWUTKA at Marlow.com
Tue Jan 15 11:44:09 CST 2008

I sent something to you and JWC, but it bounced back from JWC.

http://www.marlow.com/ISFE2007Service.zip

It's the source to a VB based NT Service that I wrote (minus one class,
to connect to the database, sorry, it has passwords in it).  I'll leave
that up for a few days.  It's got lot's of classes that I wrote to get
all sorts of system information.  There is some custom error handling
(to deal with being an NT Service), other then removing/modifying that
error handling code, these classes are pretty much stand alone.

The CPU one does use a .dll (which is in the zip), in a last ditch
effort to get CPU information.  If I remember correctly, it only uses
that for Windows 95, everything else can use WMI or registry reads.

One class I think some people might like is the OperatingSystem Class.

Ie:

Dim os AS OperatingSystem
Set os=New OperatingSystem
If os.WindowsVista then MsgBox "I'm sorry, you've been suckered into
using an OS that Microsoft should have never released!"
Set os=nothing

<grin>

Yes, that code would work too.  It has strings properties for OS Type,
Version, Build, ServicePack and Name.  It also has Boolean properties
for NT Based, NT4, Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, Server, and
DomainController.

Drew