[AccessD] Downgrading Vista

Michael Bahr jedi at charm.net
Mon Jul 14 17:05:38 CDT 2008

Drew, you are talking about AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface) which
allows advanced features of SATA such as hot plug and Native Command
Queuing (NCQ).  You still use the basic features of SATA just not all of
it.  This feature is kinda of not supported on XP but definitely supported
in VISTA.  I mean kinda because it is possible to enable AHCI on XP, I did
it, and have no problems.  I can even turn on/off my external HD through
eSATA.

Mike...