[AccessD] OT Kinda: New Computer

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 23:19:35 CDT 2008

Yes.  VMWare Fusion is a program which loads virtual Windows sessions
(actually virtual 'any operating system' sessions) inside the Mac OS.  You
get a window in the mac which has a complete Windows 'computer' inside it.
It even makes the Windows load/close sound.   You need to do a complete
Windows install into an empty VM, then once you've done that you can copy
the files, it seems, as often as you want.

With 2 monitors, I have one with Windows on it and the other with the Mac
OS.

Note: I actually used VMWare Workstation on a Windows computer to create my
first Windows XP Virtual Machine (as mentioned in another post), with a
legitimate purchased Win XP Pro.

I really like the Macbook, although I make my living from Microsoft Office
products, mostly Access.

Doug Steele