[AccessD] Facelift for my App

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 18:55:06 CDT 2008

Well since we're in IMO mode, I personally deem the greatest thing about
A2K7 to be the NavBar. I have wanted the ability to deliver that in an
Access app for ages, and not found a way to do it. You can customize that
and present a "tree" of your own design, eliminating completely the default
setup. And IMO this interface is beautiful.

Yes I don't particularly like the default ribbon, and I don't know much
about customizing it, so I just minimize it. But when I do so, I
particularly love the way I can move through the Nav pane and open several
forms and they automatically become tabs. And then I can generate a RunTime
when I'm happy, and the user gets amazing flexibility in the end product.
And besides, the RunTime has all the modern look and feel of A2K7, which
you're not going to achieve with cheap tricks about flattening buttons etc.

After delivering an app to a ministry in Ontario, I rewrote it in A2K7 on my
own time and sent them a copy. They were blown away. I didn't even bill
them, but they were so blown away they sent me a check anyway.

A.