[AccessD] Another article some of you might like

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Sun Jul 27 12:31:26 CDT 2008

Susan,

  Nice article so I hate to point this out, but it seems to me you made a
bit of a flub with #9.  I know what you meant to say, but to me it doesn't
come off that way:

"Technically, Access is a file-server application and not a client-server
application. That means that Access does all its processing on one server.
Client-server applications process on both sides of the network. While that
arrangement is more flexible, it also comes with overhead."

 First sentence is true, second and third are not.   I would expect you
might catch some flak on that.

 I would have also prefaced the article that when making the points you did,
you were speaking about Access using JET as a database engine.

 But at least someone had the guts to publish something like that!

Jim.