[AccessD] Form positioning another try

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Jul 27 14:10:03 CDT 2008

Hi Tina

That could be because thinks when opening it by double-clicking, that a top toolbar is not present which - when the form loads - it is.

But what does it matter? Users don't double-click in the Forms container ...

/gustav

>>> tinanfields at torchlake.com 27-07-2008 20:43 >>>
Hi,

Didn't get anyone to bite on my previous query about this, so I'll try
it a little different way.

I have a form we'll call frmMyForm.  I want it to be in a certain
position 6000 twps from the left edge of the window and 1200 twps from
the top edge of the window.

If I put the DoCmd.MoveSize 6000, 1200 in the On Activate event of the
form and call the form from some other form with a command button that
has in its On Click event the DoCmd.OpenForm frmMyForm, all is well.
The frmMyForm opens in the desired position.  However, if I double-click
the icon for frmMyForm in the Forms container, frmMyForm opens in a
slightly higher position - about 400 twps higher, as a matter of fact.  Why?

I've tried my DoCmd.MoveSize in every event I can think of that should
launch frmMyForm in the correct position - On Open, On Load, On Resize,
On Current, On Activate, On GotFocus - no go.  It works fine if called
by code attached to some command button, but it does not work when the
frmMyForm icon is double-clicked from the Forms container in the
Database window.  Why?

What am I doing wrong here?  Thanks for any assistance.

Tina