[AccessD] Access 2007 SageKey Scripts On Vista Problems

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Sat Jun 7 14:12:26 CDT 2008

Hello Robert,

I do not have the 2007 scripts but do have the new scripts that do the same
thing when we install our 2002 app on Vista machines.  The setup seems to be
working OK on several vista machines.  These installations are done by folks
who know nothing more about installing a program than putting the CD in the
drive and following instructions. It took longer than I thought to move my
original Sagekey install over to the new Vista compatible scripts because,
as I recollect, it installs the app on Vista in a different location than on
previous versions of Windows.  In our previous scripts I set the directory
location explicitly. The location required for Vista gives all users rights
to run the program, so you have to follow the example script closely when
building yours. I have found that the tech support at Sagekey is great if
you can articulate your issue via email to their tech support site. It may
take a day to get a response, but we have worked through all my issues.

Doug