[AccessD] Feedback Needed - Round 2

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Mon Jun 16 11:17:54 CDT 2008

Hi Rocky

Rolling for a moment back the years to my time at three of the major advertising agencies here as a copywriter, I can advise to remove the upper-case of "not", I would even remove the bolding of the keywords. Both add noise to the reading and neither are needed for such a short copy (some points deserved here to keep the text brief and strictly on topic). If you insist, use italic.

Further, the font is very large. Make it smaller and - as a bonus - get rid of much of the scrolling.
Also, underlining are used quite a few places, even in red. For book titles and the like, this is one situation where italics are much better reserving underlining for links only.

On another note, you should decide if your business is "me" or "we". If "we", pull forward the products and throttle down the focus on you as a person (smaller picture, if any, remove private stuff leaving out story about wife etc.) but keep the info that you are the boss and key person. Right now the site is much more "me" which may be fine if you wish to market yourself as the expert to turn to, but then it is disturbing constantly to read about "us" and "we".

Finally, the function of the gallery is very good - much better than the usual pop-up windows or links to other pages. However, I must admit your screen designs look quite old fashioned. I know this is difficult, but a brush up (just nice, not smart) would bring more appeal and would keep the attention from the casual reader some minutes more.

/gustav