[AccessD] Regional Settings Problem

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Mar 3 10:58:52 CST 2008

Dear List:

I have a dealer in Brazil who brought something to my attention.  In Brazil
they use the comma as a decimal point and a period to separate thousands.

When I set my regional settings to Portuguese(Brazil) I can enter fractions
like 2,123.  But the comma (their decimal point) appears whether I press
comma or period.  That's probably OK.

After the field is updated it shows as 2,123 but if I select the field it
displays as 2.123.  So I can enter fractional quantities using the comma and
it displays correctly after update.  The only time the period shows is when
an already entered number in a field is selected.

But this is causing him some trouble.  What am I missing on this Windows
Regional Setting thing?

MTIA

Rocky