[AccessD] VBA and SQL for Access

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:05:23 CDT 2008

Okay, I'm going to step in now because nobody seems to really want to help
Cynthia with the problem she has at hand, which is learning VBA/SQL and
Access. She didn't ask about SQL Server or .NET -- she asked about Access.
I'm not fussing because I know you guys mean well, but let's give her the
help she asked for. :)

I generally don't do this, and I gave them all plenty of time, but Cynthia
try the following:

<http://www.amazon.com/SQL-Access-Susan-Sales-Harkins/dp/1893115305/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205344838&sr=8-1>

I don't think you'll find a better SQL book than this one, although Martin's
half is almost obsolete now. :( But most of the information in that half
should still help you with SQL Server Express.

<http://www.amazon.com/Automating-Microsoft-Access-Business-Solutions/dp/0789732440/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1205344909&sr=1-2>

Before you purchase either, see if your library has them, just to make sure
they're really what you need. Also check out discount book stores, as
they're both old and liable to be on sale tables. The VBA book was written
before Access 2008. A lot of the code should still work, but the
instructions will be vastly different, so I wouldn't suggest this book for
2008.

Susan H.