[AccessD] Visual Basic 2008 Express & VB.NET

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Oct 3 08:29:54 CDT 2008

Paul,

  The Express products are a slimed down versions of the full product.  They
are not quite the same.  VB Express though unlike some of the other
languages (ie. C#), has a good portion of what's in the full product.  The
IDE is almost the same for example.

  I'm just getting in to VB2008 myself and picked up Pro VB 2008 and the
.NET 3.5 Platform by Andrew Troelsen, published by Apress. I just started
working through it, so I can't provide a lot of feedback on it yet, but it
seems to and cover all the fundamentals and will be a good starting point.

Jim.