[AccessD] Moderator Message

Hewson, Jim JHewson at nciinc.com
Thu Aug 6 15:00:19 CDT 2009

I, for one, like the email format.
Most blogs are hidden from me.  The company I work for restricts access
to ALL blogs including those by Microsoft.
They use a proxy server and it filters a LOT of stuff.
I have found a work around... I use a laptop at work so have to disable
the locate network connection (Cat5), turn off the connection to proxy
server, locate the local wireless connection, log on and then sometimes
I can get to a blog.
There are some customer sites that also use a proxy to limit employees
access to the internet.
Besides, most of the blogs that I have encountered (at work and at home)
contain little substance and lots of arrogant "experts" that chide the
questioner.  They do that by answering with responses like:  "We
discussed this last month. Don't you read all the posts?" or "I am tired
of answering the  same question - do a search on the archives."

Jim